28.7.11

Happiness arrived in my letterbox today




Pink: Masks and pink associations

I ordered the book Maske by Phyllis Galembo and it arrived today!!
While pink isnt the only colour in the book and actually the book has nothing to do with pink at all, except these three images I posted here, it is completely inspiring and I needed to share it.

Her website is equally as inspiring.
http://www.galembo.com/

Phyllis Galembo has more books, one being Vodou Visions and Voices of Haiti and I think I need it.

Vodoo, vodoo makes me feel like finally building up the courage to watch The Serpent and the Rainbow. But until then I found this very nice interview with Wes Craven about the making of the film and voodoo which satisfies me enough for now. (Also again has nothing to do with pink just all associations to the images in the post)